Random Link Love
Well folks, I’ve got nothing. I’ve been hammering away at some worky things and have been feeling incredibly inspired with ideas lately (as is always the case when I don’t have time to work on them–but I’m writing them down!). But, here is a cute pic of my nephew Tegue a few weeks ago on his 2nd birthday. I can’t believe he is 2 years old!!
He’s sporting the cardigan I made him last Christmas (ravelry page –but note, I pretty much abandoned the pattern and just worked to the finished measurements). It’s getting a bit short on him, but is still plenty big around the middle,so the next time I go up to Austin I’ll bring some extra green yarn (you know I have it!) and add some more rows to the bottom. That is one of the cool things about crochet- you can just add things willy nilly. This cardigan was definitely the hit of the party–everyone kept asking if someone had made it for him. You know that made Aunt LaLa (that’s me) smile.
While I’m here, I wanted to share a few links with you, as my inbox overfloweth.
- Check out Diane’s review of the new E-book, “Crunchy Granola Charm” by Yvette Doss. It’s full of cute natural jewelry (I definitely have some necklaces that could use some reconfiguring) so if you are into that, check it out. I’m with Diane- I’m curious to see where self publishing goes.
- Janome is having a sewing contest with the theme of Pass it On. The basic premise is to pass on your love of sewing to a new sewist, and you could both win new machines.
- Thanks to everyone who has purchased something from my Etsy or Ravelry Shops. So far, including my sales from the the Craft Hope Etsy Shop, I’ve been able to donate almost $125, hooray! Through generous donors and sellers, Craft Hope has raised over $27,000 with their shop– and that is awesome!
- Have you seen these awesome hand-screened stickers by Patapri? I admit it, I’ve had a thing for stickers since I was a little girl, and I couldn’t help but order some. Perhaps I was inspired by the huge box of letters my mom gave me from middle, high school, and college. They made me want to write letters again. You know, letters are always better when there are stickers involved!
- If you’re seeking crochet inspiration and haven’t yet stumbled upon the wonderful blog of Dottie Angel, you’re missing out. I love her sense of style and the bits and pieces of crochet hanging around her place.
- And, the preview for the latest issue of Crochet Today is up, and it’s adorable. This is the first time (in a long time!) that I don’t have a project in the issue, I was too swamped to submit, but I love what I see! These birdies are chirping my name!